Wednesday, June 9, 2010

White Blossoms


I took this picture last month as the spring blossoms were just coming into full bloom.  The flowers, stems and deep contrast with the background created beautiful patterns as I cut and pasted and played with the image.  

Using color variations on this piece were especially effective in creating a whole new feeling with each new change.  Sort of like looking at life through rose-colored glasses...we can look through our tangerine shades, turquoise spectacles or our psychedelic lenses....just taking a slightly new perspective, tinting things with a new hue, can create a whole new feeling in our lives and in our selves

(click on images to see a larger view)













4 comments:

  1. It just keeps getting better and better! I can't wait to see what these designs look like when you wear one. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie! Yes...I can't wait to get my first fabric sample, I should have it in a couple of weeks....it will be interesting to see how the colors translate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These patterns are amazing... I couldn't stop staring at them.
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete