Sunday, June 6, 2010

Iridescence




We went to an outdoor wedding celebration last weekend where they had beautiful peacocks and swans wandering about the property.   I think the amazing iridescent blues and greens of the peacock have to be my very favorite color combination.  

I looked up the definition of iridescence ... "a lustrous or attractive quality or effect" and "a play of lustrous, changing colors".  Having just returned from spending the weekend visiting two of my favorite women on the planet, I'm feeling  rather iridescent myself. 

I used both of the photos above to play and discover even greater magic inside of these beautiful birds.

Click on the images to see a larger view . . .






3 comments:

  1. Amy, these patterns are so ethereal! The would make beautiful fabric designs, or art prints for contemporary living spaces. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, these are so so lovely! I adore the second to last one so much, it brought instant calm, peace, and happiness to my aura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Denise! So glad you like it....with Terri's encouragement I'm actually getting a fabric sample made from one of these pieces. I really like the one you mentioned too.

    ReplyDelete